Friday, June 04, 2004

Gmail or not to Gmail


I have been using yahoo.com as an "away from the office" or "feed the spammers/mailing lists" mail client for many years - so long that it now receives a considerable amount of spam, which bless their cotton socks, YAHOO do actually manage pretty well.


The account has served me well but I am beginning to wonder if now is not the time to move, lose the spam completely.  My investigation has got a far as registering at http://www.aventuremail.com who offer 2GB of email storage. 


But it is at this point one finds the hardest thing about moving any address... namely telling everybody, every mailing list, ex-colleague, ex-company, product registration that has the current address that there is now a new one.  Even then, how can you tell you have got them all?  I will persist for a bit longer, but I see a day when I will have YET another email address full of spam.


in the meantime, as a test of email address encoding here is my new address
anonymouse@aventuremail.com

No comments: